The Rainbow Bridge
"I'll make a path to the Rainbow's
Stevie Nicks & Sandy Stewart
- There is a bridge connecting heaven and earth. It is called
the rainbow bridge, because of its many colors. Just this side of
the rainbow bridge, there is a land of meadows, hills, and valleys
with lush green grass.
- Whenever a beloved pet dies, that pet goes to the Rainbow
Bridge. There is always food and water and warm spring weather so
all our special friends can run and play together. All the
animals who had become ill and old are restored to health and
vigor; those who are hurt or maimed are made whole
- and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of
days and times gone by.
- There is only one thing missing. They are not with their
special person who loved them on earth and who had to be left
- They all run and play together, but the day comes when one
suddenly stops playing and looks up. The nose twitches, the ears
come up, the bright eyes are intent, the body quivers. Then this
one suddenly runs from the group, flying over the green grass, his
legs carrying him faster and faster.
- YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend
finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be
parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands
caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting
eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent
from your heart.
- Then you cross the RAINBOW BRIDGE together..... never again to